History of Goelz
In 1946 Siegfried Gölz founded the company as a sole proprietorship. At that time the company dealt primarily with logging and in the timber trade.
1949 led to a co-operation with the well-known chain-saw manufacturer STIHL. GÖLZ assumed the function of a STIHL distributor in the Rhine area.
In 1968 the first channel core drilling rig was developed and produced with a STIHL two-stroke engine - the GÖLZ KB300 is still market leader today.
In 1981, the Schütte machines company from Dusseldorf was acquired, which extended the product range also to floor saws, stone cutting machines and concrete processing machines.
In 1981, GÖLZ Ges.m.b.H in Austria was founded as a sales subsidiary.
In 1982, GÖLZ started with the development and production of drilling segments and core drills.
In 1986, GÖLZ founded the sales subsidiary GÖLZ (UK) Ltd in the United Kingdom.
In 1987, after acquisition of the company TTS, the development and production of diamond tools was transferred to Salzburg, Austria.
In 1989, STIHL transferred the distribution of its products to its own subsidiary. In the meantime, GÖLZ built up its own business line of construction equipment and diamond tools.
In 1990, GÖLZ Benelux in Belgium and GÖLZ Inc. in USA were founded - since 2001 named Golz LLC in Columbia, MO.
In 1993, the sales subsidiary GÖLZ S.à.r.l. in Strasbourg/France was founded.
In 2005, GÖLZ GmbH opened a sales office in Amman, Jordan.
In 2006, GÖLZ took over the Australian customer Rock Equipment and founded its own sales subsidiary GOLZ PTY Sydney, Australia.